Childbirth Education Association has resources and programs available for young expectant mothers. Our antenatal exercise classes are designed to help you prepare your body for birth and socialise with other expectant mums. Many women keep contact with the new mums they meet in Pregnancy Stretch classes. There are also programmes in and around Darwin that offer antenatal education to women under 25 years of age. Anglicare and YWCA of Darwin both offer FREE programmes with childbirth education; post-natal tips and support; and early parenting workshops.
Pandanus – for women under 25 years of age.
- one on one support & education
- Free antenatal group sessions
- Working with women throughout pregnancy and up to three months post pregnancy.
Paper Bark – Bellies Birth Bubs
Childbirth education and peri-natal support for young Indigenous pregnant women and their partners up to 25 years of age.
- Childbirth education courses
- Core of life pregnancy awareness
- One to one or couple information sessions
- Youth friendly practice development sessions for professionals working in the area of child and maternal health
- Case management including support for young women coming to Darwin to birth
5 Nemarluk Drv, Ludmilla
8985 0000 | email@example.com
Palmerston and Rural Office:
G6 Satepak house, 11 Palmerston Circuit, Palmerston
Sheira, YWCA of Darwin
Free learning and sharing with other young parents and their children. Past SHEIRA parents have completed Caring4Kids First Aid, Aquasafe Water Safety, 123 Magic, Personal Safety/Strengths and more.
- Breakfast Club
- Parenting Resource Library
- Parenting Support
Family Resource Centre, Driver Avenue, Palmerston
8932 6866 | www.ywcaofdarwin.org.au | firstname.lastname@example.org