The Childbirth Education Association Darwin has great resources available for young expectant mothers. Our antenatal exercise classes are designed to offer fitness and good health, and the opportunity to socialise with other expectant mums. Many women keep contact with the new mums they meet in Pregnancy Stretch classes.
There are also various programmes in and around Darwin that are specifically for young pregnant women and young parents under 25 years of age. Anglicare and YWCA of Darwin both offer free programmes with childbirth education; post-natal tips and support; and early parenting workshops:
Pandanus Project – for women under 25 years of age.
- one on one support & education
- Free antenatal group sessions
- Working with women throughout pregnancy and up to three months post pregnancy.
Paper Bark – Bellies Birth Bubs
Childbirth education and peri-natal support for young Indigenous pregnant women and their partners up to 25 years of age.
- Childbirth education courses
- Core of life pregnancy awareness
- One to one or couple information sessions
- Youth friendly practice development sessions for professionals working in the area of child and maternal health
- Case management including support for young women coming to Darwin to birth
5 Nemarluk Drv,
Ludmilla NT 0820
Ph: 8985 0000
Email (Paper Bark): firstname.lastname@example.org
Palmerston and Rural Office,
G6 Satepak house,
11 Palmerston Circuit,
Palmerston NT 0830
Ph: 8932 7850
YWCA of Darwin
Free learning and sharing with other young parents and their children. Past SHEIRA parents have completed Caring4Kids First Aid, Aquasafe Water Safety, 123 Magic, Personal Safety/Strengths and more.
- Breakfast Club
- Parenting Resource Library
- Parenting Support
Family Resource Centre,
ph: 8932 6866
Mob: 0438 855 357